Davis Templar, MCIOB, AssocRICS
Brighton-born Davis set up BN Property Consultants in 2019 after spending 15 years working directly for private and public sector clients as a building surveyor.
Davis has always believed that the client pays for projects and services to be delivered by a skilled practitioner who is equally invested in the end result. Davis has experienced disappointing service from consultants in the past when working client side in the public sector and these experiences fuel his drive to partner with his clients to deliver a thoughtful service and excellent results.
Davis had a varied path to surveying. He was initially inspired by an appreciation of the Regency terraces of Brighton, which motivated Davis to start an apprenticeship in general building before moving into office work. After spending several years in supervisory management at a major UK bank, Davis decided to return to the construction industry. He enrolled in BSc Building Surveying at the University of Brighton and graduated in 2004. Davis started his surveying career in the residential sector, including pre-purchase surveys and delivering residential refurbishment works, before moving into commercial property and the public sector in 2008.
Davis has managed commercial property projects in Sussex and beyond in the £50k to £500k region, including school refurbishments, warehouse, retail and office refurbishments, along with delivering cyclical planned maintenance works.
Consultancy experience includes commercial condition surveys, dilapidation surveys, party wall works, preparation of specifications of work and contract documentation, pre-construction health and safety plans, designers risk assessments, tender evaluation, site project management, planned maintenance programmes, and negotiation of final accounts.
Our professional commitments
At BN Property Consultants, we adhere to high standards of professional competence and integrity.
At all times, we will:
- Provide written terms and conditions before starting the work that detail the nature, scope and limitation of the proposed work and the basis and timing of payments.
- Deliver good customer care and service.
- Keep your information confidential.
- Be adequately and appropriately insured.
- Act with integrity, honesty, decency and trustworthiness.
- Be respectful and fair in all our communications and dealings.
- Work in accordance with good practice and current standards.
- Stay up to date with new developments in the construction industry.
- Comply with legislation relevant to the construction industry, including health, welfare, safety and environmental matters.
- Decline work if we know we lack the resources or required competencies.
- Avoid conflicts of interest and anything inconsistent with our professional obligations.
- Decline gifts or favours to obtain preferential treatment or unfair advantage.
- Not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race or ethnic origin, sexual or gender orientation, creed, nationality, disability or age.
Our ethical values
At BN Property Consultants, we have high values of fairness, ethical governance and integrity within the company and how we interact with our clients, partners and vendors. We treat everyone equally, with kindness and respect. Based on our values, we actively encourage inclusive, collaborative working practices.
In our decision making and the services we provide, we live our values to respect human rights. We do not tolerate discrimination, bullying or harassment in any form and we fully support all initiatives aimed to end modern slavery and human trafficking.
We’re committed to minimising the environmental impact of our business activities by making mindful, greener choices about our energy use, equipment, supplies, and travel.